Web Test Automation Framework ArchitectSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Web Test Automation Framework Architect
Testing a rapidly evolving product with thousands of lines of code that are altered almost daily is a bit of a challenge. Ensuring the quality of web applications in a big-data environment with constant A/B testing, a huge range of supported browsers and various mobile devices can seem like mission impossible. Still sounds like fun to you? Then this could be your dream-job!
Help shape the technical future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with top-notch technology in a company that promises a unique work environment and fantastic career perspectives. Enjoy the freedom to question the status quo, to broaden your horizon and to develop new things!
- You are responsible for designing, maintaining and improving our testing framework.
- You support our teams in high-quality tests implementation (code reviews, architecture consultancy on proven principles and best practices).
- You monitor test results and help to detect and fix flaky tests.
- You define test strategies and analyse results of the executed tests.
- You push our software development cycles to the next level with your innovative solutions for quality assurance and automated testing.
- You work in cross-functionally with teams across Product Development.
- You analyse our needs and come up with new solutions to increase productivity.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an expert in Java, Selenium, Cucumber.
- Has a strong understanding of proper code architecture and design patterns.
- Has at least 2 years of work experience in programming and testing websites and web applications.
- Is experienced in software engineering, test methodologies and automation techniques.
- Knows how to deal with continuous integration and a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Is comfortable speaking our company language English. Basic understanding of German would be a plus.
- Loves technical challenges, is passionate about test automation and has a hunger to learn new things.
- Is a self-starter, who loves working independently and requires little direction.
Life at trivago:
trivago is an exciting hub of multi-cultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular code workshops, Hackathons and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making by our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than how many hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide German for those wanting to practice or learn German.
Join us at trivago – a place where talented minds meet, crazy ideas are shared and brilliance is created.
When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.