Performance EngineerSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Make trivago faster by improving our logging stack and optimizing our code.
- Scale our profiling and log analysis platform.
- Integrate new log systems or migrate existing ones into the platform.
- Improve automated performance measurements.
- Research new approaches and build prototypes using Docker, SaltStack or equivalent to back up your ideas.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams and departments to find out what impacts our site’s performance and work on solutions to these issues.
- Share your knowledge with the team by documenting your tools, tests, changes, solutions, concepts and approaches.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 1-2 years’ experience as a software engineer, preferably focusing on performance.
- Has worked for 1-2 years with internet scale Unix environments and with open source technologies.
- Has some previous experience with Elasticsearch, log analysis, caching strategies & CDNs.
- Is proficient in programming in PHP and Java.
- Is confident using tools like Git, Docker and SaltStack.
- Holds an academic degree in Computer Science or has completed a comparable technical apprenticeship successfully.
- Has an analytical mind and enjoys finding the root cause of problems.
- Enjoys working in a team and has excellent communication skills.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
Life at trivago:
trivago is an exciting hub of multicultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular code workshops, Hackathons and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making in keeping with our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide language classes for those wanting to learn and practise their German.
Join us at trivago – a place where talented minds meet, crazy ideas are shared and innovation is born.
When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.