Accounts Payable Accountant – German SpeakerFinance & Legal - Düsseldorf, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
Accounts Payable Accountant – German Speaker
Our Finance team is looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant to join the team (start in December 2017).
What you’ll do:
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services, prepare them for approval from department heads and then book them in our accounting system.
- Use our accounting system Diamant.
- Ensure that our database of A/P accounts is well maintained and up-to-date.
What you’ll definitely need:
- You speak English (our company language) fluently and are comfortable communicating in German.
- 1-2 years’ previous experience in accounts payable.
- You have completed a commercial apprenticeship or hold a degree in Finance or Accounting.
- The ability to analyse and understand diverse reports.
- An understanding of month-end closing.
- Confidence in working with Excel and accounting information systems.
- A fantastic eye for detail that means you can be trusted to spot any errors or discrepancies.
- An insatiable curiosity and is eagerness to learn.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that only applicants with a valid work permit for Germany will be considered for this position.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- We will be happy if you join us in December 2017.