Junior Media TechnicianIT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
Level: Early Career
Start date: As soon as possible
Junior Media Technician
Our Office Infrastructure Operations team (OIO) is on the lookout for an ambitious Media Technician to use their technical know-how to monitor and ensure the functionality of our video & audio technology (projectors, screens, smartboards, sound systems, etc.) in our Dusseldorf office, with focus on our meeting rooms. This will involve solving technical issues that arise with the equipment in a quick and efficient manner, supporting trivago employees with any difficulties they face when operating the technology and being responsible for the smooth running of all media technology during major trivago events, i.e. live streaming of annual company meeting to offices in Mallorca & Leipzig. We want a tech junkie – someone who knows about the latest technology before it even hits the shelves and who is eager to advise trivago on the best equipment needed to suit our needs.
The ideal candidate:
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently and has basic knowledge in German.
- Enjoys taking a hands-on approach to IT.
- Has completed a degree or apprenticeship in Media Technology, Communication Technology, Network Technology or similar field.
- Has 1-2 years experience in Audio Visual Technology, Live Streaming and Communication Technology.
- Is a Windows 7/8/10 wizard and is proficient in MS Office 365.
- Has worked with MS Lync/Skype for Business.
- Is eager to work in a lively, multicultural team.
- Wants to learn new things and expand their IT skills!
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago is…
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 2 year with a long-term perspective.
- Please be aware that non-EU citizens will require a university degree in order to receive a work permit.
- Unfortunately, we can neither accept paper applications nor send them back. Please use our online form.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.