Strategic Project Manager – Mandarin SpeakerCountry Development - Düsseldorf, Germany
Level: Early Career
Start date: As soon as possible
Strategic Project Manager – Mandarin Speaker
Our industry is rapidly evolving. We are looking for an individual who understands key challenges quickly and can drive key strategic projects to make sure we are staying at the edge of our industry.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and drive key projects for the development of the company.
- Take part in cross-functional, international projects with individuals who are focused on our various markets and understand how we approach projects.
- Challenge and streamline existing processes.
- Continuously challenge the status quo.
- Work together with senior management to ensure that our strategic objectives are met.
- Develop over time into a role where you will adopt line responsibility and become a source of guidance and direction for the team.
What you’ll definitely need:
- The ability to speak Mandarin and English (our company language) fluently.
- Master’s degree or Diplom in one of the social sciences, Economics, Marketing, or a field where there is a heavy analytical emphasis.
- Solid project management experience.
- An entrepreneurial desire to make your mark on projects and establish your own processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and a structured approach to work that allows you to handle and prioritize tasks.
- An analytical mindset and the ability to quickly comprehend and evaluate current working processes.
- Exceptional communication skills that ensure your thoughts, needs and intentions are fully understood.
- The ability to function well as part of a team as you work towards a collective goal rather than striving solely for personal success.
- Willingness to frequently travel as it is possible that you may have to frequently travel to and from China as part of the role.
What we’d love you to have:
- Previous experience working as a consultant within a startup or a top-tier consulting firm.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- This is a fixed-term contract lasting 1 year with the potential for continued employment after 1 year.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.