Product Development Specialist – Booking EnginesProduct - Leipzig, Germany
Product Development Specialist – Booking Engines
The ideal candidate knows how to drive conversion, can support us with expertise in UX, is always curious to try something new and can use knowledge of design trends to point out simple solutions for our users’ needs.
If you’re convinced by the benefits of data driven decision making and passionate about creating new “wow” features that will make users addicted to our website and drive innovation, apply today to join the product team!
What you’ll do:
- Following agile best practices, take responsibility and drive the feature development process all the way from ideation through to launch.
- Drive the feature development of the product.
- Optimize our product concept, UX and conversion while initiating a load of A/B and user testing.
- You will file feature requirements, pitch ideas to your development team, make sure all requirements are understood and be the go-to-person for questions and feedback.
- Control progress of respective feature projects and work with the engineering team in delivering best solutions within the planned time frame.
- Think through ideas to identify gaps and minimize risks by presenting solutions.
- Coordinate with individuals from Business Intelligence, Software Engineering, Product and QA to ensure that you have all the information and tools necessary to advance effectively and that all relevant stakeholders are aligned.
- Define, analyze and report KPIs in order to test new ideas and adapt your strategy accordingly.
- Create quarterly roadmaps and effectively execute your plans to ensure they have the desired impact.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 4+ years’ rock-solid experience in e-commerce product development, preferably online travel expertise.
- A passion for software development and a commitment to delivering a great user experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You consider data as the source that drives your decision making.
- You feel totally comfortable with a rapidly evolving environment.
- A well-rounded, adaptable mindset that will allow you to coordinate between various teams with different areas of expertise.
- Natural collaboration and communication skills, able to bring business stakeholders and software engineers to a shared understanding and direction.
- The willingness to challenge a status quo and solutions that are “quite good already” by always striving for the best possible solutions.
- Commitment and passion to what you do. You are the one that needs to convince your colleagues to follow your ideas.
- UX design skills, wireframing and mocking designs.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Expertise in online travel.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an agile work environment.
- Sophisticated knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.