Software Engineer – Search and DiscoverySoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Software Engineer – Search & Discovery
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search. In this team you will be working in the search and discovery area. You will help our users to express their ideas and feelings to us through our website and deliver back the ideal hotel list. If you’re looking for a role where you’ll get the chance to see the direct impact of your work on a daily basis, read on.
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with an intelligent and intuitive hotel search.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
- Contribute in architecture decisions and innovative feature development.
- Combine different storage technologies to implement efficient and high-performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields, such as Product, BI and Design according to the motto: “You build it, you run it”.
What you’ll need:
- At least 3 years of experience in software development, ideally in a high-performance web environment.
- A solid understanding of software construction and good development practices, like test automation, CI/CD and source version control.
- An understanding of search technologies such as Solr, Lucene and ElasticSearch.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience developing large-scale applications.
- A good enough level of English to feel comfortable communicating in it on a daily basis.
- An awareness of the following technologies: MySQL, Redis, Cloud/AWS, Docker, Kafka, Config Management tools, Git, Jenkins.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.