Software Engineer – Research – Search and DiscoverySoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Software Engineer – Research – Search & Discovery
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search. Working in the Search & Discovery area, you will help our users to express their ideas and feelings to us through our website and deliver back the ideal hotel list. If you’re looking for a position where you’ll get to see the impact of your work on a daily basis, apply today.
What you’ll do:
- Develop an intelligent, intuitive, forward-thinking hotel search for millions of daily users.
- Lift search prototypes to the next level and make them production ready by contributing your architectural knowledge and programming experience.
- Combine different storage and search technologies to implement an efficient and high-performing hotel search.
- Use your creativity and problem-solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate researchers and experts from various fields such as Product, BI and Design, according to the motto: “you build it, you run it”.
What you’ll definitely need:
- M.Sc. or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing and developing large-scale applications using general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, PHP, C/C++, C#, Scala, Python, and Go.
- To have demonstrated the ability to master SOLID development.
- Extensive knowledge in software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Extensive knowledge in building highly scalable, and fault-tolerant applications.
- Experience in using data storages and profound knowledge about search technologies (e.g. Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, MySQL, Redis etc.).
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Knowledge about ontologies and the semantic web.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.