Bidding Performance Analyst for SEMOnline Marketing - Düsseldorf, Germany
Bidding Performance Analyst for SEM
trivago’s SEM team aims to maximize our reach through intelligently extending our search engine presence. We’re seeking a data-minded individual who can ensure our algorithm is performing as intended in order to drive the development of necessary bidding features to achieve our business objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for driving the development of the bidding algorithm, which is the main engine of trivago’s search engine marketing operation.
- As our SEM bidding expert, you will conduct daily, weekly, monthly and adhoc monitoring performance analysis of our SEM traffic to understand and make the most of (or continue innovating) our bidding strategies.
- Take responsibility for supporting the team with their bidding requests and queries, giving insights and recommendations before funneling them to the SEM bidding analyst.
- Design presentations, workshops and articles to share the knowledge you have gained about SEM bidding so that we can all benefit.
- Be the stakeholder of the SEM bidding features in our tool. You will cooperate with the inhouse tool department to drive and suggest new bidding features, and make sure that all SEM bidding features are up-to-date.
What you’ll definitely need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or another field in which there was a heavy emphasis on data analysis.
- An exceptional understanding of Excel.
- A good understanding of at least one programming language.
- The ability to find and creatively implement concrete solutions to difficult problems.
- Superb prioritization skills: you must be able to determine and focus your efforts on tasks that will add the most value.
- Strong communication skills that allow you to explain complex technical problems in non-technical terms to non-specialist individuals.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- 1-2 years’ experience in data analytics or business intelligence.
- Some previous experience in online marketing, preferably search engine marketing.
- Some knowledge of MySQL.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.