Product Lead – SearchProduct - Düsseldorf, Germany
Product Lead – Search
Do you want the chance to improve the lives of millions of people globally every day?
As every journey on trivago is a search, our challenge is to make sure our users have the most innovative tools available to experience the best and most personalized search possible to find the ideal hotel for their trip. Our Product team is looking for a visionary leader to accept the challenge, and make the traveler’s hotel dreams come true, 100 times a second, across 55 locales around the world, and in 33 different languages.
If you thrive on solving complex problems and you are looking for a position where your work will have a huge global impact. Read on…
What you’ll do:
- Setup, empower and coordinate cross-functional teams of product managers, software engineers, designers, business analysts, testers and data scientists who will improve existing products and continuously incorporate new products.
- Create and drive a product vision and strategy that creates impactful market value, while staying to true to corporate objectives.
- Increase profitability and efficiency of teams by establishing processes, methods, tools, KPIs and metrics that ensure rapid user-centric and data-driven iterations.
- Drive the Research & Development team to provide scientific, engineering and technical expertise that supports the implementation of search innovation on all trivago websites.
- Be the direct reporting line in the search pillar for multiple product owners, that all contribute to improving the search experience.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3-4 years’ experience in Product Management or Development, with a proven track record of end-to-end delivery.
- A strong background in search technologies and development of relevancy-ranking algorithms.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in natural language programming including semantic technologies and machine learning for entity recognition, parts-of-speech tagging etc.
- A good understanding of Design & UX.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- 1-2 years’ experience in Software Engineering or Web Development.
- An expert knowledge of Search Technologies (e.g. Solr/Elastic)
- An educational background in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.