Student Job / Part-time – IT SupportIT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
Student Job / Part-time – IT Support
Are you looking for a part-time role where you’ll get the chance to work with tech every day?
trivago’s IT Operations & Support team is looking for a motivated tech-enthusiast for approx. 20 hours per week who can take a hands-on approach in assisting our staff with all their IT-related issues in person. We need someone who both loves technology and who prefers helping people deal with their issues face-to-face instead of remotely. This position would ideally suit a student or someone who would like to work part-time. If you can ensure that our users stay satisfied, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- As part of our internal user help desk team, install, maintain and update workstations for our users and be their first point of contact for all IT-related issues or queries.
- Troubleshoot IT malfunctions on a daily basis to ensure that everyone stays on track, tackling problems directly rather than providing support with an FAQ sheet.
- Assist in taking care of our internal user help desk, ensuring that all requests are acknowledged and responded to.
- Document your work on our internal knowledge base so that our entire team can benefit.
What you’ll need:
- To be available to work roughly 20 hours per week.
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10
- An understanding of computer networking.
- Experience in setting up and operating various devices. You must also be confident troubleshooting issues on notebooks, tablets, PCs and mobile devices.
- A positive attitude and a friendly demeanour that makes you the perfect team player.
- An organized and structured work style and has the ability to keep a cool head under pressure.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we’d love you to have:
- Some previous experience working in IT Support/user help desk, in networking or as a system administrator.
- The ability to set up and operate Microsoft Office 365 in your sleep.
- German language skills (as some systems are programmed in German).
Life at trivago is…
- The chance to work with adventurous people from over 50 nations to redefine the travelling experience for millions of people.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- This is a part-time, 6-month contract that will require applicants to be available to work approximately 20 hours per week.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- Please note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.