Junior Software QA EngineerBusiness Operations & Strategy, Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Junior Software QA Engineer
Do you want to help to develop the tools that revolutionize how our departments function? We are looking for ambitious individuals to learn the trivago approach to software quality assurance. Instead of following test instructions, you’ll be detecting problems and root causes by combining IT skills with exploratory testing, an analytical mind, healthy mistrust and the ambition to find bugs before anyone else does. You will test all aspects of newly developed features for web-based applications to ensure that they will work on current browsers and operating systems.
As part of a cross-functional team, you will learn to write test plans for manual and automated testing and will work alongside developers and project owners to detect malfunctions and deliver software that is bug-free. You will be expected to critically question the usability of product owners’ new ideas and suggest design improvements or corrections throughout the development process, as well as contribute during the planning and coordination of new software releases.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a degree in an IT-related field of study. Other majors are welcome to apply but please explain relevant IT skills and your passion for the web in your cover letter.
- Has a good knowledge of PHP, HTML and MySQL.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
- Has the strong analytical and problem-solving skills necessary for analysing data and recognizing trends.
- Is a stickler for detail and a thorough worker.
- Must be comfortable with a testing approach that is fast, flexible and continuously changing.
- Has a hunger to learn, sets high goals and won’t rest until they achieve them.
- Wants to work in a dynamic international team where communication and collaboration are the keys to success.
- Can start as soon as possible.
You can decide for the teams you are most interested in! Just select your favourite option(s) under “Please pick your favourite team(s)” in the online application form.
This is what the teams do:
- Customer Relations Management: CRM Tools accelerate the impact of the sales and marketing departments by providing them an efficient way to contact trivago’s customers. We focus on bringing operational efficiency by optimizing communication processes, enabling sales representatives with all the info required to structure the best pitch possible, and creating algorithms that optimize the account prioritization.
- Advertiser Relations: Advertiser Relations is the team running B2B for trivago and trivago Intelligence (TI) is a tailored analytics/marketing product used by advertisers to monitor and take action over hotel’s portfolio performance on trivago. In TI, advertisers can change CPCs of every single hotel in their inventory or let us decide it for them.
- Organizational Solutions Delivery: Organizational Solutions Quality Assurance team focuses on delivering reliable, high quality products & tools for trivago employees & external users by using latest Software Development and Quality Assurance technologies & processes.Our team promotes an environment where everyone can learn and grow by continuous knowledge sharing and trainings. Some of the technologies that are used in our projects: Symfony, WordPress, Sharepoint, PHP, ASP.NET, AngularJS, Codeception, Selenium, AWS, Jenkins, MySQL, MSSQL.
Life at trivago is…
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.