Backend Developer – PalmaTechSoftware Engineering - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Backend Developer – PalmaTech
Our PalmaTech (Spain) team are looking for Backend Execution Developers to use their expertise across multiple projects in order to deliver the best features and experience for our users.
If you are looking for a position where you will see the impact of your work daily, in an agile and fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Increase the development pace of the team.
- Work in high-performance projects based in Symfony2.
- Naturally follow development best practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
- Work in an Agile-development environment.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Good knowledge of PHP, Symfony and MySQL. Basic knowledge of Hadoop or AngularJS is also recommended.
- To be a natural team player with good communications skills that allow you to work cross-functionally with other developers, QA and Product, all the while maintaining a User-centric approach.
- Experience in the field of Software Engineering or Web Development, ideally for 2-3 years’ minimum.
- A good grasp of English (our company language).
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.