Senior System Administrator / Cloud EngineerIT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
Senior System Administrator / Cloud Engineer
Our Data Centre Operations team is seeking a technology guru to help us maintain our multi-datacentre network infrastructure. Are you ready to tackle some of the leading software and system issues to ensure a smooth user-experience for our 120 million monthly users? In this critical position you will tap into your in-depth knowledge of both networking best practices and security flaws to protect trivago against attack and vulnerabilities. You’ll be working with top notch network equipment, systems and tools to keep our labs humming smoothly at all times. We’re a company that will let you work when, how and with whatever PC or Mac you choose. If you’ve got what it takes to tackle complex software and system issues and you have the drive to take trivago to the next level then we look forward to hearing from you!
What you’ll do:
- You monitor and maintain our multi datacentre network infrastructure to optimize and increase speed and ensure high-availability.
- You monitor the workload of critical systems and predict necessary changes to cope with future workload. We’re growing, and growing fast, so we want you to make sure our systems and infrastructure stay at the the cutting-edge of computer technology.
- You challenge the status quo and always try to think ahead to make sure our systems stay in good health.
- Use your know-how and logical thinking to troubleshoot reasons for critical malfunctions in our complex technical environment.
- Reduce manual work by setting up automated processes for monitoring, error detection and system setup.
- You consult tech teams within trivago, and together setup “state of the art“ infrastructure.
- You make sure our applications in AWS receive the love and care that they deserve.
- You work with developers and business owners to find the best possible solution to their business needs.
- Together with various teams you make sure our cloud projects are set up in a scaleable and cost efficient way
What you’ll definitely need:
- Bachelor or apprenticeship in Computer Science or equivalent experience. At least 5 years experience in organisations with large infrastructure deployments – web environment preferred.
- Large-scale operational knowledge of AWS or GoogleCloud.
- Hands-on experience working with and troubleshooting of network related issues using Linux or Unix (FreeBSD) based tools.
- Advanced know-how of monitoring systems (Nagios/Incinga/Cacti) and Apache httpd webserver.
- Solid scripting skills.
- Customer oriented professional with good mediation skills.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- Razor-sharp analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of responsibility, urgency, and drive.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.