Software Engineer – PHPSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer – PHP
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department as a PHP Developer and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search.
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with a blazing fast hotel search.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different storage technologies to implement efficient and high performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 2 years’ experience in PHP development, ideally in a high-performance environment.
- Stays up to date with current frameworks, tools, and libraries.
- Has a solid understanding of software construction.
- Naturally follows good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has relevant experience developing large applications.
- Feels comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
- Has these technologies on her radar: Redis, Memcached, Docker, Kafka, Git, Jenkins.
Life at trivago is…
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
Lead Engineer – Quality Assurance (QA) Business Operations & Strategy, Software Engineering, Düsseldorf Software-Engineer – Software & Infrastructure Engineering – PHP Software Engineering, Leipzig Software Engineer – Backend Services – PHP Software Engineering, LeipzigSee all open career opportunities