Art Director – Communication DesignDesign - Düsseldorf, Germany
Art Director – Communication Design
Are you a disruptive designer with a strategic mindset who not only likes to move with the latest innovations, but wants to shape them? Our Traveler Marketing Design team are looking for a thought-leading Art Director who is not afraid to take risks to drive our communication design forward using creative ideas and exquisite design.
What you’ll do:
- Ideate, introduce and apply expert art direction.
- Ensure the highest standard of visual execution across all media and communication efforts,
- Inspire and motivate stakeholders to be similarly creatively progressive, through the application and presentation of fresh and inventive visual work.
- Review the work of designers and provide direction, feedback and support.
- Always stay ahead of the game with new innovations in the sphere; uncovering new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into communication.
- Consistently work to strike the perfect balance between creative work and data informed results to create the most harmonious design for our users.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 5+ years of work experience in the advertising or marketing field.
- A Master of Science or diploma in Communication Design, Advertising, or a role-relevant field.
- Excellent skills in, and expert overview of the latest art and design packages.
- An innovative approach to the media and the ways in which brand communication is represented and carried.
- Excellent photography, typography and illustration skills.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working within an agency environment.
- Good motion design skills would be a plus.
- To be a natural leader, who not only looks out for the company’s interests but supports individuals in their personal development.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- Please attach your portfolio to your application, also feel free to include any relevant links to your previous work in your motivation letter (Behance profile etc.).
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.