MySQL Database AdministratorIT Operations & Support - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
MySQL Database Administrator
PalmaTech are looking for a Database Administrator to work alongside project developers to enhance all of our products on a data level. You will be part of the POP – Performance team, helping our products to achieve the performance and speed they deserve. If you’re an organized and structured individual who can handle a high workload in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Examine and improve the current setups and approaches, using your expertise to offer solutions and opportunities for improvement.
- Be a team player, offering help to your team-mates with your knowledge of databases.
- Play an active part in project architecture decisions.
- Work closely with the Data Engineering team.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Expert MySQL Database Administration skills.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in IT Operations & Support, Software Engineering, Web Development or a similar field.
- A Master of Science or Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar field.
- A proactive mindset and intrinsic self-motivation, that allows you to work hard, fast and smart.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Proficient skills in Python or a similar programming language.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.