Senior Internal AuditorFinance & Legal - Düsseldorf, Germany
Senior Internal Auditor
We are seeking a fun-loving, highly motivated, and self-starting individual to join trivago’s internal audit party crew. You will be a master of ceremonies, a top party-starter, key designer, and lead inspector of trivago’s internal controls. But let’s not forget a master performer of independent financial, business, and/or technology process audits over trivago and its subsidiaries (those teams are crazy!). This role requires a strong proficiency in IT, operational audit planning and performance, and Sarbanes Oxley control design and effectiveness testing (woooo! party!). If you’re looking for a role where you can go absolutely wild (within the confines of professional auditing, of course) then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Implement team strategies, priorities, and initiatives as defined by Internal Audit & trivago management.
- Ensure that the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) is followed for all audit projects.
- Plan, manage, and organize audit projects, as well as, supervise and review the work of other Internal Audit team members.
- Communicate testing results to various business leaders (including external auditors) and recommend changes in testing methodologies to increase efficiency.
- Recommend the implementation of forms, systems, and/or procedures to carry out responsibilities and accomplish trivago’s goals.
- Collaborate with IT experts to effectively plan and execute various cross functional audits and develop consistent audit approaches across both teams.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of key SOX IT and business processes.
- Be the absolute life and soul of the party, captivating all those around you as you regale them with hilarious tales of your auditing adventures. We all know you have them!
What you’ll definitely need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Information Systems, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, or CFE certification (or ability to obtain a certification within 2 years);
- 4+ years experience in audit. This includes routine knowledge of audit procedures, including audit planning, techniques, and methods used to examine, verify, and analyze financial and operating records, statements, and reports.
- Experience leading people and projects to successful completion. You must be able to understand stakeholder needs and manage expectations accordingly.
- A thorough understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience working with and applying Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
- A strong understanding of financial, operational, and IT general computing controls.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be in contact with many different areas and decision makers within the company, and will need to engage confidently and assuredly with all stakeholders.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Experience working with COSO ERM, COBIT or other ERM Framework.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.