Data Analyst – Business Intelligence MarketingBusiness Intelligence - Düsseldorf, Germany
Data Analyst – Business Intelligence Marketing
Are you a detail-oriented and data-driven individual, looking for an impactful role at a globally recognized tech company? Well, look no further. We are searching for talented and enthusiastic analysts to provide our marketing teams with the insights they need to drive campaigns and testing forward. Working with huge data-sets, you will support, consult and challenge the marketing teams by providing analysis and explaining complex topics in a way that your less “mathematically-blessed” colleagues can understand and the teams can optimize performance. If you eat data for breakfast and look for a highly collaborative role in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Leverage our BI data and tools to deep-dive into performance and generate insights for campaign optimization, working closely with the marketing teams.
- Setup and maintain automated ETL processes in our internal hadoop big data system
- Optimize and automate recurring analyses by developing custom tools & dashboards using programs such as Looker, R shiny, Tableau & Excel.
- Inspire us! If you spot interesting trends, patterns or developments in your data then pitch ideas for optimization, entirely new initiatives or alternative methods & tools.
What you’ll definitely need:
- To be a graduate of Maths, Statistics, Sciences or a related field. Economics graduates are welcome but please indicate if you have specialized in Data Analysis or BI.
- Work experience in an analytical environment using different analytic tools.
- Familiarity with SQL and other programming languages.
- Exceptional communication skills that make it easy for you to explain complex matters in a clear, intelligible way.
- To be a naturally inquisitive person with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
What we’d love you to have:
- 1+ years’ experience working in an Analytical role in Business Intelligence, Online Marketing or Software Development would be a plus.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a 12 month fixed-term position with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.