Digital Product Design InternshipDesign - Düsseldorf, Germany
Digital Product Design Internship
Are you passionate about design? Are you a fanatic learner who would like to develop design skills to excellence?
Our dynamic Design team is constantly looking for ambitious designers to join our team. We are offering you the unique opportunity to learn everything that you need to become a great designer. With us you will get to know how it is to be a full-flashed team member and will be responsible for your own tasks. You will get the opportunity to work with different people and teams, take on different product challenges and solve various design problems. We work as an internal design agency with the goal to get consistent designs across all our products in trivago.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for your own tasks and will have the opportunity to solve complex interaction problems for millions of users.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible outcomes like sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and visual designs.
- Understand the value of modular, consistent user experience patterns and elements.
- Evolve an initial concept into a fully developed design and ensure its impact on the whole experience.
- Work closely with our user research team and learn from past findings to base your decisions on solid grounds.
- Collaborate with the entire hotel search design team, user research team, Product Owners, front-end developers, pattern-library designers, team leads and various other stakeholders.
- Learn from experienced designers and contribute to concept and design of our hotel search platforms.
- Be always on the lookout for the latest UI, design, and technology trends.
What you’ll definitely need:
- The ability to create simple and highly engaging designs that show a strong attention to detail.
- A mind filled with beautiful, simple, innovative ideas.
- You have studied Digital Design, Web Design, Interaction Design (or related design field)
- Solid sketching skills.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience in user interface design, digital product design or web design. (Please attach a portfolio showcasing your work to your application.)
- Is experienced in using prototyping tools (Marvel, Invision, Principle) and Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Can already do some simple front-end development (HTML/CSS/jQuery).
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please attach a portfolio showcasing your work to your application.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a 6-month paid internship.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.