Business Intelligence Analyst – Content MarketingBusiness Intelligence - Düsseldorf, Germany
Level: Early Career
Start date: As soon as possible
Business Intelligence Analyst – Content Marketing
trivago is on the lookout for an analytical prodigy to enrich our BI Marketing team by driving and optimizing the performance of Content Marketing. This involves consulting many Content Marketing stakeholders at trivago to help them make informed, data driven decisions regarding the content they publish. You will consult and support all initiatives as well as projects. If you enjoy playing with data, get a kick out of acquiring new skills and thrive in a dynamic environment, then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Explore data and provide analysis for Content Marketing campaigns across 20+ different markets using our in-house hadoop data infrastructure as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimize and automate recurring analyses by developing custom tools and dashboards using programs such as R Shiny, Tableau and Excel.
- Consult the Content Marketing team in planning, setup and monitoring of large-scale tests, striving to scale our efforts based on A/B testing and robust statistics.
- Explore data to create insights into the user journey for Content Marketing, to find the optimal content to provide our audiences.
- Inspire us. If you spot interesting trends, patterns or developments in your data then pitch ideas for related stories or topics that the Communications teams could focus on. We encourage creative thinking, so feel free to think outside the box for this one.
What you’ll definitely need:
- To be a graduate of Maths, Statistics or a related field. Economics graduates are welcome but please indicate if you have specialized in Data Analysis or BI.
- Work experience in an analytical environment using different analytic tools.
- Confidence using Excel on a daily basis.
- Familiarity with SQL and other programming languages.
- Exceptional communication skills that make it easy for you to explain complex matters in a clear, intelligible way.
- To be a naturally inquisitive person with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
What we’d love you to have:
- 1+ years’ experience working in an Analytical role in Business Intelligence, Online Marketing or Software Development would be a plus.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a 12 month fixed-term position with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.