Senior Digital Product DesignerDesign - Düsseldorf, Germany
Senior Digital Product Designer
Are you driven by the passion to not only meet, but constantly exceed an internal client’s and user’s expectations? The Design team at trivago operates as an ‘internal agency’ that must satisfy the needs of 100 clients a second, located in 55 different locales world-wide, speaking 35 different languages (No pressure!).
Our Düsseldorf and Leipzig offices are on the hunt for innovative and pragmatic Senior Digital Product Designers to be responsible for the concept and evolution of the experience design behind various digital trivago products. If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding position, and thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Depending on your interests and talent, you would either direct your creativity towards our core product, the Hotel Search, to our B2B product “Hotel Manager”, or to one of our communication channels such as Room5 or company pages.
- Collaborating with Product owners, Developers, Marketers and a host of other experts you will be responsible for the user experience and continued evolution of our digital products.
- Work autonomously within a large cross-functional global design team to ensure consistency and coherence of architecture across all our products.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible formats such as sketches, journey-maps, prototypes and wireframes. For this you will not only need to be a pro with experience design tools such as Sketch, Invison, Marvel or similar, but also be able to quickly visualize ideas and concepts using pen and paper.
- Understand the value of modular, consistent user interfaces to evolve an initial idea into a full systematic design system that can translate across multiple devices.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 5+ years’ experience in Digital Product Design.
- Extensive UX knowledge and up-to-date UI skills.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in Interaction Design, HCI, Digital Design or gained relevant work experience in the design field.
- To be able to design in a responsive, fluid environment and have experience working in agile and fast paced surroundings.
- A curious personality that makes you excited about new innovations in your field. You want to be at the forefront of new trends in UX, Design and Tech.
- A mind filled with beautiful, simple, innovative ideas.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe design tools.
- Excellent prototyping skills (Invision, Marvel or similar).
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
Important additional information:
- We have vacancies available in both our Düsseldorf and Leipzig offices. Please specify in your application in which city you are willing to work.
- Please attach a portfolio or relevant links showcasing your work, to your application.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.