Software Engineer – Machine Learning – Search PersonalizationSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Software Engineer – Machine Learning – Search Personalization
Join our dynamic software engineering department and help shape the future of trivago. In this role you will help our users to find their ideal hotel by using recommendations and personalization approaches. You will be able to see direct impact of your work on a huge global platform.
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with an intelligent and personalized experience for finding hotels.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
- Contribute in architecture decisions and innovative feature development.
- Combine different machine learning technologies to implement efficient and high performing recommender systems which support the individual user to find the ideal hotel.
- Use your creativity and problem-solving abilities to make the difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields according to the motto: “You build it, you run it”.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 3 years of experience in software development, ideally in a high-performance web environment.
- Has experience with machine learning technologies, recommender systems and user modeling approaches.
- Has a solid understanding of software construction and good development practices, like test automation, CI/CD and source version control.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has relevant experience developing large-scale applications.
- Feels comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
- Has these technologies on their radar: MySQL, Redis, Cloud/AWS, Docker, Kafka, Saltstack, Spark, Hadoop, H2O, TensorFlow.
Life at trivago is…
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.