International Project Manager – OutsourcingContent - Düsseldorf, Germany
International Project Manager – Outsourcing
Can you take responsibility for large-scale projects and ensure that our website has all the high-quality hotel content it needs? Our Content team is looking for a creative and organized individual with exceptional stakeholder management skills who can drive projects over the finish line. The ideal candidate has clear visions and knows how to achieve them, is adept at building project plans, defining milestones and setting KPIs, and can remain adaptable in a rapidly changing environment. In this role, your responsibility will be to ensure that trivago stays ahead of our competitors when it comes to featuring valuable, unique hotel information.
What you’ll do:
- Be a master of communication. You will need expert articulation skills and a lot of patience when speaking to externals. It is very easy to get immersed in internal lingo at trivago, however when communicating with someone on the outside that can become confusing to them. You will have to talk external stakeholders through project plans iteratively, making sure every point is understood.
- Do a lot of research into the right agencies to work with, negotiating prices and contracts to make the best business decision. For this you will need a good understanding of the scope of costs so you can protect your budget.
- Prioritize those projects that directly support our Content team’s core business initiatives.
- Help guarantee that hotels feature on our site are correctly matched with various OTAs or external booking sites.
- Directly manage our interactions with multiple external agencies by clarifying our needs, negotiating deals and monitoring the performance of these agencies.
- Work closely with our Quality Assurance team to ensure that the content we receive matches our high standards.
- Develop new processes for existing projects and codevelop new projects to optimize how we and from where we receive our content. For some problems where no solutions currently exist, creativity is key.
- Take care of processing and submitting invoices for approval.
What you’ll definitely need:
1-2 years’ experience in project management.
Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business or a related degree.
- To be able to keep a cool head in heated negotiation situations.
- A fully autonomous strategic mindset. Instead of thinking “This is the goal, how do we get there?” you will need to first ask “What is the goal?”.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You can make your thoughts, needs and intentions understood and avoid any potential misunderstandings.
- A true passion for analytics. You will collaborate with analysts and QA on data that helps you understand your work, in order to make the best decisions going forward and communicate the ‘Why’ to external stakeholders.
- Excellent Excel skills is a must, SQL skills is a big bonus.
- Confidence and self-assurance: it is essential that you can approach any problems with the necessary levelheadedness. You also mustn’t be afraid to say no when it’s necessary.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills: you must be capable of considering fresh ideas to problems that have no immediate apparent solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills: you will be handling multiple essential projects.
- To speak native-level English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Knowledge of German legal contracts could help you in the role, so having hold a Project Management role in Germany could be a plus for you. However, we do have a legal team here, so it is not mandatory for the position.
Instead of writing a letter of motivation, we would like to ask you to answer the following questions and upload them as a .pdf file with your CV. Please refer to your past experience while answering the questions and give us concrete examples what you mean. We are not searching for the scientificly perfect answers Please answer all questions in English and make sure to stick to the provided word limit.
- Tell us about a situation where you faced cross-cultural challenge. What was difficult about it? What did you learn? (max. 150 words)
- Which principles do you follow when you negotiate a contract? (max. 150 words)
- What are the top 5 attributes for a good project manager and why? (max. 150 words)
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.