Data Scientist – User BehaviourBusiness Intelligence - Düsseldorf, Germany
Data Scientist – User Behaviour
Are you an intrinsically curious analyst, looking for a position with the freedom to explore big data? Our Search Intelligence team is looking for a Data Scientist to dig into our data and provide insights that lead to real changes to our core product. In this role, as well as collaborating with great like-minded talents, you will use your own initiative and the latest technologies to understand our users, and provide the team with key understandings of our user behavior. If you’re looking for a job in an innovative and dynamic environment, where no two days are the same, apply now or join our Talent Community!
What you’ll do:
- Use machine learning techniques to work on research projects that help us understand micro-conversions and user interactions with features, then, help to explore areas for improvement in these features.
- Perform analyses of user behaviour on hotel search and explore our user clickstreams, creating visualisations and dashboards to support decision-making regarding these insights.
- Investigate new machine learning and querying techniques and technologies on our hadoop cluster, educating others on the possible applications of these techniques.
- Work with different departments to proactively suggest ways in which we could improve monitoring and analysing our users, using your initiative to develop new research topics.
- Work with other departments, analysts and data scientists in Hotel Search to provide support for all data related questions, getting involved in advanced analytic projects.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Strong analytic skills and statistical knowledge. You should be confident in your ability to identify patterns and outliers and interpret these as significant indications of user behaviour.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in the field of Analytics, Business Intelligence or a similar, role-relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills. You should be able to follow on from interpreting data to presenting it to people who may not have as good a grasp of statistics and numbers as the analyst. You should be able to present complex problems in simple ways in order to facilitate understanding, using techniques such as data visualisation along with descriptions.
- A bachelor’s in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a similar, role-relavant field.
- Proficient knowledge of Machine Learning/Predictive Modelling.
- Good hands-on experience of R or Python.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Work experience with practical applications of machine learning or predictive analytics.
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop or MySQL
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.