Incident Manager – Data Center OperationsSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Responsibility Lead – Incident Manager – Data Center Operations
Our Datacenter Operations team is looking for an Incident Manager who can ensure that we build the right processes to prevent and, where appropriate, manage incidents. You’ll work side-by-side with engineers to manage the investigation of reported incidents to swift and solid closure. You’ll also design the organization and processes for incident management while maintaining a culture of trust, respect and collaboration. You will also be the Responsibility Lead for a team of 6 students vampires, who you will build and lead to help you detect and handle issues.
What you’ll do:
- Be the incident prevention and response function for the Düsseldorf engineering teams. Incidents may occur at any time and will require a swift response so the role will involve on-call duty.
- Ensure that all incidents are tracked, investigated, resolved and communicated accurately. You will also ensure that post-mortems are captured and that universal lessons learned are shared across the organization.
- Build the processes, tools, and support structures to mitigate any risks related to stability and performance.
- Influence product, process, and related policy decisions to prevent incidents.
- Define metrics and track application performance, continuously drive solutions to improve resolution time frames and reduce the frequency of occurrence/severity.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Holds a B.A. or B.Sc. in Computer Science or has equivalent practical experience.
- Has experience running mission-critical programs in large, technical environments.
- Has 2 years’ experience in operations management in a high-tech environment.
- Has hands-on experience with system architecture and design, technical troubleshooting, security and privacy standards.
- Has influenced engineering and product management teams to improve product features, QA processes and/or the maintenance of a product by identifying problems and suggesting and/or driving the implementation of fixes or features.
- Can manage complex and/or cross-functional projects and apply their skills in a data-driven environment.
- Has exceptional internal communications skills and is fluent in technical and non-technical business contexts.
- Speaks English fluently. German is a big plus.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.