Team Lead – Global User SupportContent - Düsseldorf, Germany
Team Lead – Global User Support
Do you want the opportunity to lead a team of highly motivated and talented customer service specialists who represent the only contact point for trivago’s 1.4 billion yearly users? We are looking for an entrepreneurial, collaborative and extremely user-centric visionary to head up our Global User Support team. If you are passionate about helping people, bolstering brand image and seeking constant innovation, then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 30+ motivated, entrepreneurial individuals in product development, product management, customer service, data collection, data analytics and business process analysis.
- Develop the overall strategy and KPIs of Global User Support with your team leads and take full ownership of driving and delivering on that strategy.
- Drive a user-centric culture that never stops trying to innovate and improve the experience of our users.
- Be the voice of advocacy for our user and Global User Support department to other departments and leadership throughout trivago.
- Develop a team that has no operational dependencies on you as a leader, managing them to be empowered, self-organized and competent to achieve goals.
- Provide trivago with a transparent view into the achievements and metrics of the Global User Support team.
- Remove all roadblocks that prevent your team from achieving their operational goals and enjoying their job.
- Be the champion of a feedback culture to foster a trust-based, growth-mindset and 100% resentment-free team atmosphere.
What you’ll definitely need:
- To be a natural leader with unrivaled communication skills, that can convince everyone around you to believe in your vision and follow your passion.
- 3+ years’ experience in these topics: product management, customer service as well as business process management.
- A natural love for people and the ability to put yourself in others’ shoes.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
- An attitude of “never wise, never great, never done” all the while celebrating the hell out of how far your team has come and the accomplishments they achieve.
- A love for collaborative work environments that focus on what we can accomplish together, as opposed to ladder climbing.
What we’d love you to have:
- 3+ years’ experience in various aspects of customer service business development.
- 2+ years’ experience leading teams of people.
- To be so comfortable and skilled with feedback that giving it and receiving it is a positive experience for you. In turn, you naturally lead and coach others to follow your example of a confidence building feedback culture.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.