ETL Engineer – MarketplaceSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
ETL Engineer – Marketplace
Are you an engineer with a passion for innovation? Our Marketplace team are looking for an innovative yet detail-oriented individual to set up, maintain, improve and optimize our daily production of data (Extract, transform, load). In this role, you will work closely with both Data Scientists and Data Engineers to continuously improve the speed of our ETL processes, without sacrificing the quality. If you’re an ETL specialist, or a software engineer with a passion to move into the data science sphere, then we should talk!
What you’ll do:
- Design and maintain ETL processes with Hive, Scala, R.
- Optimize queries and processes.
- Act as an intermediary between Data Scientists and Data Engineers: You would need to “translate” the technical and business jargon.
- Monitor production of data using Oozie.
- Investigate and fix bugs.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Good SQL skills.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language.
- A highly analytical brain.
- A bachelor’s in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- 1-2 years’ work experience in Analytics/Business Intelligence, Software Engineering/Web Development or another, role-relevant field.
- Knowledge of one or all: Scala, Spark, Java, R, Python, Oozie/XML.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.