Office Facilities Manager – New trivago Campus – German SpeakerTalents & Organization - Düsseldorf, Germany
Office Facilities Manager – New trivago Campus – German Speaker
Are you an experienced Facilities Manager looking for a challenging, rewarding and highly impactful role, helping trivago make history with our beautiful new campus? We are looking for a highly determined individual to lead and motivate a team of multi-skilled colleagues. You will be an excellent communicator, a clear decision maker and an approachable manager with a good all-round knowledge of day-to-day operations. In this role, you will be responsible for setting performance targets, monitoring results and achieving goals. You will be the driving force behind operational improvements, ensuring that first class relationships are fostered, and the delivery of exceptional customer service levels are achieved at all times. The ideal candidate will hold a relevant facilities management qualification and have previous experience of leading facilities management teams. If you have the ability to work well with others, while consistently delivering results under pressure, we should talk!
What you’ll do:
- Day to day facilities management of our new 30.000 sqm sustainable, global headquarters in Dusseldorf, Germany.
- Build a new facilities management team from scratch.
- Working collaboratively with the Campus Development Lead and Canteen Services Lead, you will be involved in a wide variety of operational topics. These include health & safety, guest & parking services, groundskeeping, storage, deliveries & logistics, furniture needs, space management and many more.
- Front desk co-ordination of receptionists and security team
- Liaise with our landlord, service providers and contractors.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Previous hands-on experience of managing medium/large building projects, covering project conception, planning, budget management and control, time scale, health and safety and quality management.
- Expert project management skills that allow you to manage simultaneous projects whilst never losing sight of the core goal.
- Excellent communication skills ,with the ability to influence decisions at all levels and gain respect from all areas of the business. This includes the ability to speak in both German and English (our company language) at a fluent level.
- Robust team management experience (including developing talents and performance management).
- Proven experience of delivering high quality work in a similar role.
- The ability to combine a strategic outlook with a hands-on attitude.
- Good technical knowledge (including construction, heating, air conditioning, plant rooms, lighting).
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.