Technical Product Manager – B2B PlatformAdvertiser Relations - Düsseldorf, Germany
Technical Product Manager – B2B Platform
We are looking for the right person to help bring us to closer to achieving our mission. As part of the team, you will work closely with Product Owners of several product development teams. You will collect and translate business needs into technical requirements to guide the development of our App Platform. In this role, you will have an overview of everything that happens in our Tech team, ensuring support for them in their hour of need.
You will be building something new from scratch, for the hotel industry, that will be the foundation of enabling the digital world and boosting advertisers’ business on trivago. If you’d like to help us build the place where advertisers can find a solution for any job they are trying to accomplish and make the digital world easier for them, this is your chance to make history.
What you’ll do:
- Define and own the Platform product vision, in line with the overall strategic vision.
- Collaborate closely with several product development and technology teams to understand their requirements and translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, coordinate resources, monitor the progress of the Platform product and maintain an overview of all happenings within.
- Moreover, you will be responsible for recognising technological “stuck – situations”, you will establish the problems, and then find the solutions (autonomously or with others).
- Coordinate remote teams from different locations (Düsseldorf, Leipzig, Palma) as well as working with several business functions.
- Educate, train and motivate colleagues to deliver results in line with the key strategies and initiatives.
- Keep on top of marketplace, app store technology, advancements in industry and make informed business recommendations.
What you’ll definitely need:
- A startup mindset, to be open to changes, not afraid to fail and have a deep curiosity to learn.
- An educational background in IT, Software Engineering, Project Management or a similar field.
- Strong experience working in an Agile team environments (Scrum/Kanban), product ownership/management, project management and execution. (~3-4 years)
- Strong technical background (previous engineering experience is a must) to enable you to contribute meaningfully and improve performance, stability, and maintainability.
- To be a good communicator and negotiator with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across different departments, as well as team members across multiple office locations, to reach common goals.
- Ability to travel across our offices in Leipzig, Dusseldorf and Palma. (~2 trips a month).
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- App Store / Marketplace concept knowledge.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.