Software Engineer – Data IntegrationSoftware Engineering - Leipzig, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer – Data Integration – Leipzig Office
Our Leipzig Software Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to help develop our data integration processes and data pipelines from ideation to realization.
- Design, implement and support data models and ETL processes in a big data architecture stack.
- Continuously develop our big data architecture stack to ensure we stay ahead of the pack.
- Write and document tests on your own code changes.
- Monitor and fix issues in multiple environments and communicate with your team to ensure they are informed of any issues that occur.
- 2-3 years’ experience in software engineering or data engineering.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with big data.
- An excellent understanding of MySQL.
- The ability to work well independently, comfortable in your technical understanding of the problems you will be dealing with.
- You can find patterns in, and draw valuable findings from, large amounts of data.
- Good communication skills: you will keep all relevant stakeholders well informed of current progress.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently.
- Some working knowledge of Pentaho Data Integration Platform, Hadoop and Spark.
- German language skills.
Life at trivago is…
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.