Marketing Engineer – Backend DeveloperSoftware Engineering - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Marketing Engineer – Backend Developer
Are you a Software Engineer with a passion for marketing, who is looking for a position where you will see the impact of your work on a global platform daily? If you thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, we want to hear from you! Join our dynamic Marketing Engineering team as a Backend developer and help shape the future of our high-quality marketing tools.
What you’ll do:
- Provide our marketing teams with high quality tools to ensure their work experience is a breeze.
- Write clean testable code in PHP with Symfony 2.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different data storage technologies to implement efficient and high-performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development, ideally in web environment.
- Experience with PHP and any other languages.
- Experience with Symfony, MySQL and current web technologies in general.
- Willingness to develop maintainable and testable high-quality code.
- A solid understanding of modern web architecture.
- The ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience in developing large applications.
- A good enough level of English to feel comfortable communicating in it on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of Hadoop or AngularJS is also appreciated.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.