UX PrototyperDesign - Düsseldorf, Germany
Are you a communicative and collaborative individual, with a conceptual mind and front-end experience? Our Hotel Search Design team is looking for a user-focused Designer to define and deliver new features, translating concepts into living, breathing prototypes. In this role, you will iterate on interactions, animations, and details to deliver the perfect experience for our users. You will be directly involved in the concept and design phase of important features, and will get to see first-hand how users react to your prototypes. This is an exciting role on a new team, with the scope to have a huge impact on our product development. If you’re looking for a new challenge, where you will be the key ambassador for the product design thinking that influences the tech of a global hotel search platform, this could be the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Build prototypes / wireframes to assist in user research.
- Collaborate daily with UX designers and researchers.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight milestones.
- Consult UX Researches and Designer on feasibility.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2-3 years’ relevant hands-on design experience.
- Prototyping experience.
- Some Front-end development experience.
- A good understanding of product design.
- As you will be the interface between Design, Tech, Product and UX, you will need to have great communication skills and a passion for collaboration.
- You will also need to be comfortable working autonomously and independently on your products.
What we’d love you to have:
- UI/UX Design Experience.
- Have you built your own portfolio? Please let us know when you attach it, as this could be a great showcase for your work!
- At least basic working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JQuery would be a plus.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.