Marketing Engineering – Automation EngineerSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
Marketing Engineering – Automation Engineer
Join our dynamic Marketing Engineering team as an automation engineer and help us develop a new way leading marketing tool.
What you’ll do:
- Join the team responsible for developing a new tool for automated and context-sensitive marketing campaigns.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
- Make a big impact in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Become a master of AWS and use bleeding-edge technologies.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to handle enormous datasets.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
What you’ll need:
- At least 4 years’ experience in software development.
- Extensive experience with one of the following (or similar): Python, Ruby, Go, PHP.
- Profound knowledge about cloud architecture and hands on experience with either AWS (prefered), Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Willingness to develop maintainable and testable high-quality code.
- A solid understanding of modern software architecture and distributed systems.
- The ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience in developing large applications.
- A good enough level of English to feel comfortable communicating in it on a daily basis.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.