PHP Software Engineer – Advertiser Product EngineeringSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
PHP Software Engineer – Advertiser Product Engineering
At Advertiser Product Engineering, our mission is “To be the most valuable connection between traveller and advertiser, by creating a seamless app platform that makes marketing simple, boosts bookings and enhances the guest experience”.
We connect our advertisers with travelers worldwide, through tailored and opportunity-oriented tools. With a user-centric approach and intuitive interface we make the connection simple, effective and ultimately valuable for them.
We are looking for Software Engineers to help us achieve our mission. In this role, you have the chance to use top-notch technologies and practices. You will be working on existing central, business-critical administration applications, but also conceptualizing and executing new projects that will make advertisers communication with trivago easier.
If you’d like to join an exciting, new team, and help us build an environment where advertisers can find a solution for any job they are trying to accomplish, this is your chance to make history.
What you’ll do:
- Own the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects.
- Define implementation architectures.
- Have a broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed.
- Be a subject matter expert on security.
- Conceptual and prototype-based Implementation.
- Support teams with concepts, implementation, test, rollout and maintenance, and monitoring.
- Requirements-based evaluation and building of new applications.
- Implement and maintain service-oriented architectures.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in one of the following languages: PHP, Java.
- Experience with software engineering.
- Experience with databases (especially MySQL).
- To enjoy technical challenges, and be eager to explore new technologies.
- To hold an academic degree in the field of IT, or to have successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in service-oriented architectures.
- Knowledge in large file processing.
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience with stream, queues and asynchronous data processing.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
As soon as possible.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online.
- We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.