Legal CounselFinance & Legal - Düsseldorf, Germany
Looking for a position where you’ll get the chance to contribute your own ideas, shape global processes and handle a wide range of legal affairs for a major international company while working in a dynamic online environment? Come to trivago as a Legal Counsel and join our ever-growing, vibrant, international team.
What you’ll do:
- Take responsibility for a wide range of legal matters – with your focus being commercial law.
- Handle legal matters related to all areas of trivago’s operations – including drafting a variety of legal agreements, taking care of competition and consumer law matters, working on corporate law questions and documents.
- Give legal guidance and collaborate with individuals across all trivago teams departments, trivago management and its shareholders.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2. German State Exam in Law – completed with excellent results.
- 2-3 years’ experience within an international law firm, ideally focusing on commercial law.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- An excellent understanding of commecial legal practices and a firm interest in how businesses operate.
- Motivation and a passion for law mixed with a pragmatic work style and eagerness to progress.
- Outstanding communication skills that allow you to interact with a wide variety of individuals.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.