Product Management Team Lead – Master and Meta DataProduct - Düsseldorf, Germany
Product Management Team Lead – Master & Meta Data
Do you want the opportunity to lead a team of highly motivated and talented business professionals who represent the sole source of collecting and managing the metadata we provide trivago? We are looking for an entrepreneurial, collaborative and extremely purpose driven leader to head up our Identity Domain – the department in charge of collecting and ensuring the quality of trivago’s metadata and master data. If you are passionate about big data, enhancing data quality through innovation, as well as leading both business and tech teams, then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 22 motivated, entrepreneurial individuals in product management, project management, data analysis and engineering.
- Develop the overall strategy and KPIs of the Identity Domain with your team leads, taking full ownership of driving and delivering on that strategy.
- Help the team define data collection paths that will improve data quality.
- Drive a user focused culture that never stops trying to innovate and improve the experience of our users.
- Be the voice of advocacy for the Identity Domain to other departments and throughout trivago.
- Develop a team that has no operational dependencies on you as a leader, manage the team to be empowered, self-organized and competent to achieve goals.
- Provide trivago with a transparent view into the achievements and metrics of the Identity Domain.
- Remove all roadblocks that prevent your team from achieving their operational goals and enjoying their job.
- Be the champion of a feedback culture to foster a trust-based, growth-oriented and 100% resentment-free team atmosphere.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Around 5 years’ mixed experience in product and project management
- To be a natural leader with unrivaled communication skills, that can convince everyone around you to believe in your vision and follow your passion as well as give clarity to and unify a team.
- Experience leading multiple agile teams through product delivery on multiple high value projects.
- Experience coaching junior product managers, leading workshops and training in general.
- Experience working closely with engineering teams.
- Proven experience streamlining processes and delivering pragmatic business driven solutions in a software environment.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
- An attitude of “never wise, never great, never done” all while celebrating the hell out of how far your team has come and the accomplishments they achieve.
- A love for collaborative work environments that focus on what we can accomplish together as opposed to ladder climbing.
What we’d love you to have:
- 3+ years’ experience leading teams of people.
- To be so comfortable and skilled with feedback that giving it and receiving it is a positive experience for you. In turn, you naturally lead and coach others to follow your example of a confidence building feedback culture.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.