Data AnalystBusiness Intelligence - Düsseldorf, Germany
Data Analyst Customer Service
Interested in hunting down the truth in a mountain of data? trivago Customer Service is looking for an analyst who can create a data-driven foundation upon which sky-high customer satisfaction and high-value customer feedback can be built. Only Customer Service talks to trivago users; you’ll be the one who’ll make us truly understand the best way to help our users and make their feedback deliverable to the many product teams in trivago.
What you’ll do:
- Use the tools you want to build a bedrock for data-driven decision-making in trivago Customer Service and beyond.
- Be part of growing a rounded business culture and customer-centric culture in trivago by facilitating the channeling of unique user insights within the company.
- Create a KPI framework by proactively developing new metrics to measure customer satisfaction and the value of customer feedback to trivago’s product.
- Create and maintain dashboards that serve the everyday needs of the Customer Service team and the many product teams customers give feedback on.
- Execute quantitative analysis to identify opportunities and communicate your findings to stakeholders.
- Work closely together with Product Managers and UX Researchers to build up research on user expectations and happiness.
- Provide input on company-wide metrics and KPIs for user expectations and happiness using both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Create test cases and frameworks to determine the value of the Customer Service team’s initiatives.
- Forecast staffing needs to meet Customer Service targets for resolving customer queries based on seasonality and other variables
- Build strong knowledge foundations and documentation.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Degree or relevant experience in a quantitative field (statistics, economics, etc).
- Attention to detail. Your analysis will be trusted and guide key strategic decisions.
Experience with statistical modelling utilizing any programming language (R or
What we’d love you to have:
- Big data experience is a plus.
- Previous experience or exposure to product development.
- Previous experience or exposure to customer service.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with determination of user value through split testing.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.