Country Development Internship – Polish SpeakerCountry Development - Düsseldorf, Germany
Country Development Internship – Poland
Are you a results-driven team player looking for a position at a globally recognized hotel search? Our Country Development team is searching for a focused and collaborative Polish speaker to support all operations involving the Polish market. In this role, you will have access to a wide range of information and will be able to take full ownership of projects and of decisions and become the expert in your field. You will develop and coordinate the growth strategy for Poland by challenging, overseeing and guiding all functions working on the market. If you’re a self-starter looking for a challenging, impactful and empowering role at one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies, apply today.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze marketing efforts & dig deep into channel performance to highlight areas of improvement.
- Monitor the market’s Performance/ KPIs and identify business opportunities that can be exploited, or problems that can be faced.
- Develop and implement the growth strategy in the market (including budget forecasting), evaluating the performance of the strategy and making adjustments along the way.
- Coordinate with different departments on the execution of the strategy, and challenge them on their work flows & processes.
- Research market trends & monitor competitors.
- Build business cases to push certain projects, via carrying out ad-hoc analyses.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Good analytical skills that allow you to draw insights from large sets of data.
- A high level of self-organization: at times, you will have a lot of different things on your plate and will have to prioritize accordingly by establishing what creates the most value.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- The ability to quickly learn about and stay up-to-date on a broad range of complex topics and see how they relate to our business, even if the link is not initially obvious.
- You multitask efficiently and can easily cope with a fast-moving work environment
- Fluent English & Polish language skills
- Exceptional communication skills (most written and verbal). You must be able to convincingly put forward your arguments but also engage with stakeholders from multiple departments in a diplomatic and appreciative way.
What we’d love you to have:
- Previous work experience in the fields of Marketing, Business Development or Project Management is a plus.
- A good understanding of the principles behind effective financial management.
- Knowledge of the Polish market is a plus.
Instead of writing a letter of motivation, we would like to ask you to answer the following questions and upload them as a pdf file with your CV. Please answer all questions in English.
- Who do you believe are trivago’s biggest competitors in Poland and what are their unique selling points/advantages compared to trivago? (Please detail the process you used to get to your conclusion & name max. 3 competitors)
- Which one thing do you like the most about trivago’s website and what would be your one main recommendation for improvement? (max. 150 words)
- How would you describe your perfect day at work? (max. 150 words)
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a 6 months fixed-term internship position with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.