Software Engineer / Machine Learning – Java BackendSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Software Engineer / Machine Learning – Java Backend
Can you see yourself working in an environment where you are encouraged to think out of the box and come up with your own ideas that you can feel proud of? Do you get excited when working on engaging projects that demand you keep up with the rapid pace of technological innovation?
Our Software Engineering team are looking for a talented Java Developer to help detect traffic anomalies and take the appropriate actions, by using machine learning, behavioural modelling or rate limiting systems. You will play a key role in keeping the intruders away and in protecting our resources for human users.
What you’ll do:
- Handle and process big sets of data in real time.
- Analyse and classify data sets in order to discover and produce information that helps us to make decisions.
- Work closely with the existing team in an agile framework.
- Develop new real-time systems, extend the existing ones and monitor the impact.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years’ experience in Java.
- Expertise in working with machine learning systems (preferably unsupervised learning).
- Experience with large data streams, protobuf definitions and cache systems.
- Ability to analyse large data sets and extract relevant knowledge.
- Ability to describe and document workflows and design decisions.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
Experience with the following:
- Kafka, Storm and Python
- Multithreaded Java applications
- Release engineering (branching, versioning) and continuous integration
- Build automation systems (Maven, Gradle)
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Google cloud)
- Monitoring tools and Hive
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.