Software Engineer – iOSSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Software Engineer – iOS
Do you have proven iOS app development credentials to match your passion for creating world-class products? trivago is determined to ensure their global hotel search platform gives users a mobile experience that is unrivalled. We believe in achieving innovation through constant experimentation and are seeking an experienced software engineer with the passion and expertise to help push us to greater heights. If you think you can drive trivago’s iOS app to the next level, apply today.
What you’ll do:
- Develop trivago’s iOS app, as well as internal apps, by working cross-functionally and using the latest technologies.
- Use your expert knowledge to bring fresh new ideas to the table.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of new and existing open source components.
- Working effectively with a mature code base you will debug and break down big architectural problems.
- Exchange ideas and share your knowledge with the rest of the team and participate in pair programming.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2-3 years’ experience in Mobile Development.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a similar field.
- Experience in dealing with iOS frameworks, design patterns and software architecture.
- A genuine interest in agile development processes.
- An uncontrollable excitement about Swift (and Objective-C).
- To be an excellent team player who believes great teamwork is at the heart of all great products.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we’d love you to have:
- Proficient knowledge of a scripting language.
- Experience with cross platform technologies like React Native.
- A natural curiosity about advancements in the digital sphere that keeps you up to date with all the latest innovations.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.