Motion Art Director – Communication DesignDesign - Düsseldorf, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
Motion Art Director – Communication Design
Are you looking for a role where you have the creative freedom to initiate and develop your own concepts while showcasing your sweet, sweet animation skills?
Our newly-formed ‘Communication Design’ team is looking for an experienced Motion Designer to be the designated expert to the Online Marketing teams, in order to make trivago’s social media, email campaigns and online platform deliverables stand out from the crowd.
What you’ll do:
- Create visually stunning animations that engage and inspire our audience, while remaining true to our brand voice, and complimentary to the content provided by the marketing teams.
- Inspire the Motion Designers in the Comm-Design team by providing innovative, creative direction.
- Manage multiple stakeholders’ expectations by transparently communicating the technical possibilities and limitations of a project.
- Challenge the status-quo by initiating new and exciting ideas that galvanize our users’ experience as they journey along our social touchpoints.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ solid experience in Motion Design in a professional design-focused setting such as an agency or motion graphics studio.
- To be a master of After-effects, with high proficiency in other Adobe Creative applications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that allow you to clearly convey and present your ideas to multiple stakeholders from different teams, and convince them of your vision.
- Graduate-level education in Design, Animation or Film Editing.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience producing Social Media content including GIFs and short-form video.
- Previous experience in plate-spinning would be a plus: you must be an expert multi-tasker for this role!
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please attach a portfolio or send us relevant links at the top of your CV showcasing your work to your application.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.