Software Engineer – PHPSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer – PHP
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department as a PHP Developer and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search.
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with a blazing fast hotel search.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different storage technologies to implement efficient and high performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 2 years’ experience in PHP development, ideally in a high-performance environment.
- Stays up to date with current frameworks, tools, and libraries.
- Has a solid understanding of software construction.
- Naturally follows good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has relevant experience developing large applications.
- Feels comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
- Has these technologies on her radar: Redis, Memcached, Docker, Kafka, Git, Jenkins.
Life at trivago is…
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.