User Experience (UX) Researcher – Human Computer Interaction (HCI)Design, Product - Düsseldorf, Germany
User Experience (UX) Researcher – Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
Are you a future-focused and boundary-pushing HCI researcher with an unrivalled passion for new developments in the digital sphere? We are looking for a UX researcher to Investigate both user needs and cutting edge technologies, to shape new ways for our users to interact with trivago. In this role you will develop and execute tests with state-of-the-art input method technologies, to keep us at the forefront of innovation. If you’ve got a mindset driven by curiosity, and thrive in a collaborative, experimental and agile environment, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Design and execute generative research to shape new innovative concepts. The methodologies will include, but are not limited to, ethnografic studies, diary studies, contextual interview, competitive analysis, co-design workshop and data mining.
- Based on the data, you will conceptualize new ways in which trivago can create value for our users; exploring the areas of conversational UI, Voice recognition, Virtual reality, Augmented reality, Artificial intelligence etc.
- Translate findings into actionable and meaningful deliverables ie. Persona building, storyboards, user-journey, service blueprint, user stories.
- Design and execute explorative research investigations using methodologies such as formative evaluation, usability test on prototypes, card sorting, pluralistic walkthrough etc.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years’ experience working in UX, Research, technical consulting and implementation, or a similar role-relevant field.
- A Masters in HCI, Cognitive Science, Psychology or a related field.
- A holistic approach to problem-solving: you will need a vivid imagination and a courageous mindset to drive your ideas to execution.
- An unrivalled love for tech and passion for user-satisfaction.
What we’d love you to have:
- An interest in AI and NLP.
- To have worked in an enterprise environment, with many stakeholders and interdependencies to satisfy.
- Previous experience working with Behavioural Research (eye tracking, EEG, click stream analysis).
- Experience in VUI Design (Voice User Interaction).
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
New campus coming 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQikZZIia2k