Data AnalystBusiness Intelligence - Düsseldorf, Germany
Are you a detail-oriented and data-driven individual, looking for an impactful role at a globally recognized tech company? Well, look no further. We are searching for talented and enthusiastic statisticians to provide our teams with the insights they need to drive products and features forward. Working with huge data-sets, you will draw conclusions from multi-variate testing scenarios, explaining complex topics in a way that your less “mathematically-blessed” colleagues can understand, so teams can optimize performances. If you eat data for breakfast, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Provide insights into user behaviour through big data exploration and consult our product team on feature development.
- Analyse the results of a/b tests on our websites/ the mobile apps and consult on testing matters.
- Support the pitching process in the team. We have a fluid team structure in the Hotel Search team, meaning people come together to work on topics they are interested in and want to support.
- Work to improve data access for product owners and help to interpret results from KPIs and dashboards.
- Assist with reporting on technical developments and technical organisation.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 1+ years’ work experience in a role-relavant field. (This can include student jobs or internships).
- A Bachelor’s in any relevant topic, preferably with a focus on numeric skills.
- Data analysis skills, computer skills, statistics knowledge
- Communication skills, self motivation, team working skills.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- 2+ years’ work experience in an online business, with a focus on data analytic responsibilities
- Maths/Statistics/Hard Science at Bachelors or higher.
- Experience with Hadoop, R/Python, SQL.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.