Account Manager – North American MarketSales & Account Management - Düsseldorf, Germany
Account Manager – North American Market
Do you want the chance to help expand the CPC business of a globally-recognized hotel search? Our Sales & Account Management team is looking for a proactive, data-minded individual who can work with trivago’s advertisers in North America to ensure mutually beneficent relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the first point of contact for online travel companies (OTAs) that advertise on trivago. Assist in commercial matters and develop strong business relationships.
- Conduct daily monitoring of KPIs and advise our advertisers on how they may optimize their performance. Ensure your accounts remain well informed regarding new developments within trivago as well as within the market.
- Research, identify and proactively approach and integrate potential new advertisers. Convince them of the benefits of working with trivago and provide assistance to ensure that their entire journey with us goes smoothly.
- Demonstrate the value of new product initiatives to our existing accounts and help bring them on board.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2-3 years’ experience in sales or account management or in online marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Tourism or Hospitality, or a related field.
- An excellent understanding of Excel and an analytical mindset that allows you to handle and draw valuable insights from large amounts of data.
- A good understanding of bidding/tracking tools.
- Exceptional communication skills that allow you to engage people and guarantee that you are understood.
- The confidence and conviction necessary to proactively approach new contacts and successfully negotiate favourable terms.
- Adaptability: you must embrace change in order to stay ahead in a fluid, rapidly moving work environment.
- Fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Previous experience in the travel industry or a thorough knowledge of the industry.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.