Campus Project Manager – German SpeakerTalents & Organization - Düsseldorf, Germany
Campus Project Manager
Are you an experienced and proven Project Manager, looking for an exciting and highly impactful new challenge? Take a minute to look at the video below:
This is trivago’s new headquarters in Düsseldorf (or, it’s going to look something like that!). Now, we need someone to manage the development of that campus and ensure that all trivago talents can work productively in their new home. To do this, you will have to successfully guide all involved parties in the development, and execute a smooth move for all. You will manage our excellent campus development team, and will receive support from all facets of our Talents & Organization team.
What you’ll do:
- You will be fully responsible for the management of campus development, including the move in 2018.
- You will merge our three cross-division teams Design, Space/Services, and Technical Infrastructure into your Campus Development team.
- With your knowledge on large scale building projects you will develop the Campus team further, giving them inspiration and direction.
- With your team, you create transparency on the project regarding timing, costs and risks associated with all steps.
- You will prepare decisions on big spending blocks (e.g. Kita, Canteen) and manage their execution.
- Select and manage suppliers and external partners.
- You will reflect on the current team structure and wisely expand the team when necessary.
- With your colleagues in the Talents & Organization team, you will plan the Campus Operation strategy as of 2018.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Previous and proven hands-on experience of managing large building projects and understanding all dependencies. This covers project conception, planning, budget management and control, time scale, health and safety and quality management.
- Expert project management skills that allow you to manage simultaneous projects whilst never losing sight of the core goal.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence decisions at all levels and gain respect from all areas of the business. This includes the ability to speak in both German and English (our company language) at a fluent level.
- Robust team management experience (including developing talents and performance management).
- Flexibility to work on diverse topics with diverse people.
- Proven experience of delivering high quality work in a similar role.
- The ability to combine a strategic outlook with a hands-on attitude.
- High motivation to dive into the trivago world and integrate as a valuable team member.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.