Accountant – Accounts Receivable – VenturesFinance & Legal - Düsseldorf, Germany
Accountant – Accounts Receivable – Ventures
Are you a detail-oriented and curious individual, able to to ensure clean and precise processes in a fast moving and entrepreneurial environment? Our Ventures team is looking for an Accounts Receivable Accountant to join the team. In this role, you will work with different ventures to improve existing processes, and implement new ones.
What you’ll do:
- Process customer invoices and ensure correct billing procedures are followed.
- Carry out collection and reporting activities.
- Ensure that our database of A/R accounts is well maintained and up-to-date.
- Be responsible for bank account reconciliation.
- Prepare and process monthly accounting entries.
- Initiate and help with process improvements.
What you’ll definitely need:
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
- 1-5 years’ previous experience in accounts receivable.
- To have completed a commercial apprenticeship, or hold a degree in Finance or Accounting.
- The ability to analyse and understand diverse reports.
- An understanding of month-end closing and bank reconciliation.
- Confidence in working with Excel and accounting information systems.
- A fantastic eye for detail that means you can be trusted to spot any errors or discrepancies.
- An insatiable curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we’d love you to have:
- Fluency in German.
- Experience with Zuora.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- Depending on your experience this is a fixed term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective or an unlimited position.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.