Experience Designer – Native Apps
Are you a user-centric, conceptual and experienced designer with exquisite taste? Do you want to evolve a product that is used by millions of people worldwide? In this role, you will work with a team of designers and passionate colleagues to improve the experience of our core product on native apps, design for cross-channel user journeys, and contribute to evolve the Experience Design direction for trivago. If you’re looking for a highly impactful position in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same, read on.
What you’ll do:
- Get familiar with both iOS and Android trivago apps and how our users interact with them.
- Participate and deliver on the day to day production of design solutions.
- Participate and share work in the weekly design review session.
- Foster the strong relationship between the design and user-research team.
- Always stay ahead of the game with new innovations in the sphere; uncovering new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into communication.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Work experience in the area of native mobile apps, iOS and Android.
- An academic background in Design, UX, Online Media or similar, role-relevant field.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
- Experience in product design, native apps design, UCD thinking, design sprint methodology.
- Trust, determination, passionate, responsive, drive, presentation skills.
What we’d love you to have:
- Senior designer position in a digital product company with a strong focus on user value.
- Additional education in service design, user research, HCI design.
- Experience in user research, workshop moderation, involvement in UX design-related communities (IXDA, etc).
Life at trivago is:
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.