UX Researcher – Mixed Methods
Are you an investigative and highly driven UX researcher with a special talent to see and understand user needs? Do you enjoy working in cross-functional teams?
We are looking for a UX researcher, who wants to take on the challenge to push boundaries of the applied research combining qualitative and quantitative research to create the best user experience. In this role, as a UX research expert you will be responsible for driving mixed method investigations to assure that trivago is providing the ideal hotel to a traveler’s needs.
If you’ve got a well-structured and data-driven mindset, enjoy collaboration in a cross-functional team, and love an experimental and agile environment, then we want to hear from you.
Meet Antoni and hear more about the job:
What you’ll do:
- Drive the successful evolution of our product by studying the cognition, emotions, and behaviour of our users.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Design experiments that turn project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans.
- Execute qualitative and quantitative investigations in collaboration with our data scientists.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Collaborate with our data scientists, scrum team (PO, designers, developers) and the user research team on a daily basis.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2+ years experience in mixed method research (qualitative & quantitative) working in a performance driven environment.
- Excellent skills in tools and languages for quantitative analysis (e.g. R, SPSS, Python, SQL).
- Excellent skills in tools for lab or online usability tests (e.g. Morae, usertesting.com).
- A very analytical and creative mind.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- A passion for investigating user psychology and behaviour.
- High flexibility and adaptability to continuous change.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Previous work experience in behavioural research (e.g. clickstream analysis, A/B testing, eye tracking).
- Experience with tools for time aware research (e.g. Qualaroo, Usabilla).
Life at trivago is:
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
Show your interest in just 2 simple steps:
- 1. Click the “Join us” button
- 2. Easily sign up with your Linkedin profile